Thursday, July 18, 2013

table re-do or re-don't???

I got these awesome old wood nursery chairs from a church rummage sale and decided it was time to get a coffee table so Huck could sit and color (eat crayons) and I have seen some fun chalkboard tables on pinterest that can act like a coffee table and a kid's activity table at the same time

chalkboard table
like this one



I found this table the other day for $15 and the chairs were $2 each. But now I can't decide if I want to paint it or not. It looks so clean and nice now. hmmmm..... 
If I don't paint it with chalkboard paint where will Huck sit to eat chalk???
What do you think? Re-do or re-don't?

Emmy

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. As you know I painted my washer dryer folding doors and LOVE them. I really had to consider doing a table and then decided against it because I didn't want chalk residue all over my living room / clothes / anything else it could touch. The floors in the kitchen below my doors ALWAYS have chalk on them. Luckily I can just mop it up.

    Now, with all of that being said, I do like the idea of chalk tables. They jut aren't for me and my gang.

    I think the table looks nice as is. Get a thin piece of wood from lowes and spray paint it with chalk paint. Then when you want him to play with chalk he has that to write on. You can also get a white board or whiteboard paint and have those for as well! When you don't want him to play with it you don't have to and when guests are over you have a nice table for people to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking go ahead and paint it with the chalkboard paint. Also get a piece of plexiglass to put on when you have company/grown ups over. You can wipe the table clean or write messages for company then put on the plexiglass. It also won't be ruined by cup rings or spills. You could leave the plexiglass on all the time and just take it off when you want the kids to write/color. Then they'll know when it's okay to draw and MAYBE not write on the plexiglass. Also if you like what they've drawn the plexiglass will keep it from being smudged off. Just thinkin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those chairs!

    I like the plexiglass idea or the other piece of wood idea. You might get tired of the table being painted, and this way you can remove that other piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good suggestions- I think I'm going to hold off for now and see how I feel in a few months

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say hold off too! The removeable chalkboard tabletop is a good idea though.

    ReplyDelete