Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dinner on the double- Part 2

Pork Fajitas

Still more left over pork, but this meal will use it up. I didn't realize that what I was making was fajitas until I had a pan full of sauteed peppers and onions and was getting tortillas out of the refrigerator.


I promise I didn't cheat on this one. I had these sweet banana peppers from the farmer's market last weekend, and our neighbor gave us those tomatoes.


Saute your peppers and onions in olive oil until transluscent.


Add your tomatoes and pork and continue to cook until tomatoes break down. To season I added cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper, and to make it a little saucy I added some frank's red hot and some BBQ sauce, not a lot but enough to make the mixture moist. I know this sounds strange but it didn't taste like BBQ once it was all incorporated.

Place filling in a flour tortilla and top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
I even had limes for garnish- it's amazing the things you have that you don't realize until you force yourself to use them.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment