Sunday, January 15, 2012

not so extreme makeover- changing table edition

 Finally finished updating the changing table for the nursery. I didnt take any before pictures because I'm a failure, but it was a very dark stained wood and otherwise looked pretty much the same. We always used it as a dresser when I was growing up, but my mom gave it to me to use for the babriel.


Remember this amazing paper I found at funtiques?! there was only enough for the top 2 small drawers and 1 of the long drawers, sad, but it looks very cute anyway!
This thing did not want to take the paint- this is like 6 coats of orange paint- I think sanding it would have been a good choice. I'm still considering antiquing it a bit on the edges with some sandpaper, we'll see. I'm in love with this photo mobile- JcPenny- $7, still need some family photos from jim's side.

 I may still buy new handles for it, but these are working well for now mostly because they're free. I'm not sure if people are aware, so I feel the need to inform you- having a baby is expensive.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think the old handles work with the orange color. So it's a win!

    ReplyDelete