Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rag Roll (curly hair frustration)

I have been trying to figure out a way to get more of a beach wave instead of my tight curls. I tried straightening my hair first and then scrunching it the way a person with straight hair does. I tried using a flat iron on my already curly hair to tame it a little, none of that has worked.

 My solution: rag rolling. I read about this in a magazine at the salon the other day.


 You just cut strips of fabric and roll your wet hair onto them in sections and sleep on it.
 In the morning voila!


Ok, it doesn't work on curly hair.

My theory is that my hair was thinking "Oh snap she wants us to curl, we are so good at that, we got this made!" and it kicked it into overdrive. So moral of the story, still on the search for a way to tame naturally curly hair into a beach wave. Suggestions?

XOXO
EmmyPin It

2 comments:

  1. Maybe flat iron it and then curl it with one of those wavers -- kind of like a three barreled curling iron + crimper. Otherwise you might as well just embrace what you've already got going on...

    ReplyDelete