Friday, May 27, 2011

Herbs for Everyone


 Have you ever wanted an herb garden but felt that you didn't have enough space or time? This simple window box herb garden makes use of an otherwise unused space, takes about 30 minutes to put together, and cost about $25 for the supplies- including the cost of the plants.
Attaching the box to your window is the most difficult part of this process. We opted to screw it into our window frame and place brackets underneath. Please pretend you didn't notice the muddy paw prints on the house.
Choose whichever herbs you like best. I chose rosemary, thyme, and basil.....YUM! However, try to consider how much sunlight your window gets. My has started to wilt and I think it is because it isnt getting enough sun. The thyme and rosemary are going strong.  
Finished product.
The best part is that it is on my kitchen window. When I want dinner to have that something special that only fresh herbs can provide all I have to do is open the window. Now all I need is more windows so I can plant some mint, cilantro, parsley, oregano, and more basil- no such thing as too much basil!
Surprisingly, the dogs have yet to rip this off the house or eat my herbs.
Stay tuned for some delicious recipes including these flavorful ingredients!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment