Monday, April 15, 2013

weekend recap

Friday I hit a few garage sales and bought some clothes. This is a sweater and matching skirt which I plan to wear as separates. I'm going to hem this skirt to just below the knee. 
The sweater looks perfect with my favorite pair of mom jeans!
 This is a skort, but you can't tell unless you're really looking. I'm going to shorten it to below the knee too! I'm thinking a white tank and a brown belt will top it off just right!


This shirt needs the sleeves removed and maybe a little tailoring to make it more fitted but I think it will be really cute in the end. Even if I don't get around to taking it in on the sides it will look cute tucked in to a skirt or shorts. 

 Can't pass up a vintage apron- especially for a quarter!



 I've been searching craig's list for one of these play houses, and guess what?! A lady stopped me while I was taking the kids for a walk last Thursday and asked me if I wanted a play house. Can you believe that? It was in the back yard at a rental house of her's, so we went and picked it up for free!


It's missing the slide, but my friend found him one at a garage sale on Saturday, so he is all set now!
 We celebrated my sister-in-law's birthday on sunday with homemade pizza. I was on dough duty...
 mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! Wish I had some leftovers right about now.
It was a beautiful, relaxing weekend!

Emmy


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I was just going to comment on what lovely finds you made (with a few tweaks, of course), but then I scrolled down and saw that pizza and my stomach growled at me! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that apron! And free things? Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to pass up a good skort. Can't wait to get my hands on that kid! He looks like he's plotting escape.

    ReplyDelete